Media build wall space itself
Media build wall space itself
Media room dividers made of plasterboard
A partition wall that has it all and fulfills many functions: The floor to ceiling wall unit consists of a shelf, which was covered with plasterboard, and separates the living from the dining area. The multitude of electronic devices that are in almost every Haushaltaushalt today, you will practical, easily accessible and are also still housed visually appealing. Thus, the partition becomes a useful storage space and eye-catcher at the same time.
Also, you want to build a multi-functional partition? Then see below for an illustrated step-by-step instructions that are easy to understand even for novice hobbyists and is also implemented with a little preparation.
Have fun playing!
Contents of the building instructions
- Partition with TV cabinet, HiFi rack and computer space
- work preparation
- Material List and Required Tools
- build Steckregal as a substructure
- Planking of the shell
- Paint and door installation
Partition with TV cabinet, HiFi rack and computer space
So you can use in a partition wall as the TV cabinet, a stereo rack and a CD rack. allow space also allows you to hide for a DVD player, VCR, satellite receiver, boxes, etc. In our assembly guide one of the cabinets from the side of the dining room in addition a computer workstation.
Another plus of this spacious cabinet that he can become invisible large electrical goods. If you make a part of the cabinet without shelves, use a broom, vacuum cleaners and other large equipment can be accommodated. To create additional storage space from which there can never be too much.
Especially important for this partition are the planning and preliminary, so you can use your new cabinet (off) optimal. With a little skill and the good preparation you can create the partition good in own work and make according to their wishes.
At each craft work is a good planning is the key to success. The starting point for DIY the median wall of the shelf, which serves as a scaffold for the timber construction, which is clad with gypsum board. In our example, a heavy Steckregal- system was used, which was covered with wooden slats to adjust the media wall to room conditions.
Material List and Required Tools
Front View Shelves in the scheme
- Heavy expanded shelf side panels; in this example, 4 pieces of hardware store, 900 x 450 x room height
- about 8 square meters plasterboard, 9.5 and 10 mm thick
- about 48 linear meters of spruce wood slats, planed 50 x 30 mm
- 8 m² MDF 19 mm
- about 6 m² MDF 10 mm cut on site for lining the shelves, decided locally
- 5 handles
- 20 concealed hinges (4 per door leaf)
- 2 kg putty
- Reinforcement strips (edge protection for any opening)
- Drywall screws (for fixing the plaster plates)
- Wood screws (for storage slats and frame construction)
- 10 threaded screws (for attaching the handles)
- Installation glue
- Corner protection rails, about 5 yds
Side View Shelves with details
- Drilling machine; Forstner drill for installation of concealed hinges
- Cutter or utility knife
- (Rubber) hammer with a tapping block
- Hole Saw
- T square
- Sanding block and sandpaper 150er
- spirit level
Top view shelf Wall
Views of the finished Media Wall
View from the living areaView from the dining area
build Steckregal as a substructure
1. Install the plug-Real with a rubber mallet or hammer and rubber block on.
2. Begin with the construction of the wooden frame on the wall. Screw at a distance of 450 mm (inside storage cupboard) determines the next frame on the ceiling and on the floor. Two heavy-duty shelves are between the wooden frame, they form the &Interior; quot" the two wide racks.
3. For the hinges have to be screwed in front of the frame ledges. Be sure to vertically attach the strips accurately so that the doors can be properly mounted later.
4. Bring support and shelves in the desired position. Be sure to plan enough space for your electronic devices such as TV, video, hi-fi system, etc.. To do this, the best equipment on a trial basis on the shelf on.
5. Mount 75 cm above the floor the shelf for the worktop, later the computer is on (in our example in the middle part of the cabinet). the mounting battens in shelf depth are cut less angular extent of the metal support for the writing surface separations. tip: Partial extensions not mount flush with the leading edge in order to obtain the largest possible storage surface.
6. Screwed is the excerpt support by the shelf. So that the extract does not beat later against the frame, pull out these during the fitting. Thereafter, the width of the tray measure, cut and screw.
7. Screw the frame structure for the device openings through the shelves.
8. Cover the inner walls of the cabinet drawers with 10 mm MDF. They are bolted to the structural frame.
9. This is how the finished design of floors, walls and ceiling attached wooden frame and the plug-shelf as of thoughts and feelings with.
10. That is the goal of the integrated media devices TV and stereo, the other steps (planking and painting) run there.
Planking of the shell
1. If the shell is, fix the shelf board. So, first the notches for the normals need to be cut to size.
2. Attach the shelf board on the supporting timbers that were previously bolted to the shelf. Sufficient stability, a Konsolleiste that is mounted on the wall makes.
3. Drill according to the planned cable management with a hole saw openings in the side walls.
4. Then it goes to the planking with plasterboard. Plasterboard is easy to work with. To cut a gypsum board, you scratch on the visible side box with rail and cutter or utility knife ...
5. ... to be able to subsequently break cleanly over the table edge. The back box away again with a cutter.
6. To obtain a Spachtelfuge between two adjoining gypsum boards, chamfer on the cut edges with the cutter.
7. Screw the planking temporarily, so the disk can be moved at the final assembly and the support structure is visible.
8. Cut the holes with a cutter and a jigsaw in several steps from clean.
9. To connect the planking firmly with the metal shelf, use construction adhesive.
10. Screw the planking with the structural frame and the frame of the openings.
11. outer edges are provided with corner protection rails that you cut with tin snips to the desired length.
12. To facilitate the attachment of the corner protection rails, you can fix them before with stainless staples.
13. The corner protection rails are with eingespachtelt. To do this, choose the broadest possible spatula.
14. Upon further spackling putty all joints and screw holes are closed.
15. Very carefully you should handle the device openings. Press one while filling the edges into the damp ground reinforcement strips to protect the corner.
16. The reinforcement strips and the edges are invisible by a repeated filling.
17. After drying, the filler, the surfaces are ground smooth as a smooth and uniform surface is important. In addition, you should apply a suitable primer and then paint the drywall as desired. If you want to make the shelf board in a different color, it should be well covered. Alternatively, the media wall can be papered.
Paint and door installation
1. With the Forstner bit matching holes are drilled into the door panels and fit the concealed hinges.
2. Before installation, the door panels are coated on both sides. grind again after drying paint and again twice with intermediate sanding.
3. To make the media wall and inside appealing, the interior walls should be painted in matching shades.
4. Assemble the door leaves on the door stop strips and adjust it with the cross screwdriver.
5. Finally mount handles of your choice to match the room decor and the color design of the cabinet doors.
6. So the finished partition with hidden computer workstation on the dining room side looks forth. Thanks to the large doors, the integrated device can be easily reached when needed.
Information on the industry Gipsplatten at:
Danogips GmbH + Co. KG, Neuss
Knauf Gips KG, Iphofen
Lafarge Gips GmbH, Oberursel
Rigips GmbH, Dusseldorf
Xella Dry Lining Systems GmbH, Duisburg